Monday, February 18, 2013

Weight Watchers Monday ~ Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Is there really such a thing as a great Weight Watchers cookie?
Anything that is considered diet in the sweet department usually turns me off.
You cannot disguise sugar.....
So when I found this cookie recipe I was kind of leery.
And only 2 Weight Watchers points?
Absolutely!
To the kitchen I went.....
I am so glad I decided to test these cookies. 
I can now whip myself up a sweet treat and not even feel the 
slightest bit of guilt. 
I will be sticking some of these in my pocket to take to work.
The chocolaty taste is fantastic and will for sure satisfy that chocolate
demon when it sneaks up on you.
Make some of these today.
You will be glad you did.
I used mini butterscotch and semi sweet chocolate chips. 
You can also replace those with toasted walnuts or pecans.

I just realized that I should probably give you a description of these fabulous cookies. They bake up kind of hallow. The tops and outsides remind me of a meringue, and the insides remind me of a brownie. They are definitely CHEWY.  

Weight Watchers Chewy Chocolate Cookies (2 WW points per cookie)
I ended up with 23 cookies, but if you stretch it, you could probably get an even 24.

2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 T cornstarch
2 egg whites, lightly beaten (I used small farm fresh eggs, so I used 3)
1/4 c. toasted walnuts, pecans, or mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. 
Combine first five ingredients in a bowl.
Add the lightly beaten egg whites and stir until a thick dough forms. Stir in the nuts or chips.
Use a cookie scoop (I used my smallest 1 inch), and place on a lined baking sheet (I used foil).
Bake for 17 minutes exactly. Move to cooling rack (I moved foil and all). When the cookies are cool they will peal right off the foil.

Photobucket
This recipe is linked to:
Foodie Friends Friday

13 comments:

  1. These look really yummy! I usually steer clear of diet sweets too, but I trust you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how much these reminded me a brownie. I even fooled a non-dieter.....HA! He had no idea they were WW. He kept commenting on how chocolaty they are.

      Delete
  2. OMG Angie. I am in love with this recipe. They look fantastic. Thanks for sharing on FFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look just like you described them....oh yummmm! Can't wait to try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P. S. - Love you new 'green & springy' look here....=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made these this evening and My fiance (who is a serious cookie lover) could NOT stop raving about how amazing they were!! Mind didnt look like the picture and were very rough looking... not sure what I did wrong. do you need to beat the egg whites for a cerain amount of time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me of a chewy chocolate brownie. Some of mine turned out hollow, so I don't think you did anything wrong. I'm glad you liked them.

      Delete
  6. I made these last week - they stuck and broke a bit when I was getting them off the greaseproof paper but I broke them up and used them as "soil" for my beetle cake (and linked back to you here: http://www.conqueringcrafts.com/2013/03/and-now-cake-with-purpose-meaning-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these a few days ago and they were divine! They taste so much like a brownie, yet only two points. Hooray! I put some low-fat ice cream between two of these and then froze for a few hours and had a delicious low-point ice cream sandwich. Thanks for a great recipe, I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Maggie! Thank you so much for stopping by and letting us know.

      Delete
  8. Hi, these cookies looks fantastic and sound yummy, I am dying to try them but I am not familiar with US mesure, what does 1T cornstarch means?

    many thanks for sharing and for you wanted response

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that you said these cookies were 2 weight watcher points each...but is that in 'smart points'...or 'points plus'?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)