Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Nameless: Meatless Masterpiece

 This is one hell-of-a vegetable soup!.....Yup, just vegetables!
I didn't have a name for this soup,
so I turned to my Facebook fans (of course!) to help create a name.
There were three participants:
Vickie Collins - Summer's Delight
Tori Winegarner - Vegetable Penne
Michelle Brenneman - Summer Stew
They obviously were all thinking alike, 
and it was hard for me to pick just one.
Therefore, I decided to combine all three.
The name I came up with....Summer's Penne Stew
Thank you so much ladies for helping me out with this.
I have some of the best fans in the world!
You should come and join us.....A'lil Country Sugar fan page.
 Since I have been hitting the local Farmer's Markets 
I've been eating a lot of vegetables.
Which is good for me, right? 
I don't think I could possibly become a vegetarian though....
I tried once, and at the end of five days, 
I was ready to kill a cow. 
For real!!
The loss of meat in my diet turned me into a beast.
 To create this Summer's Penne Stew I worked in stages.
I took my leftover beef broth from a roast I cooked (6 cups worth)
and added two more cups of water to give me an even 8 cups.
 I chopped my carrots, 3/4 c. (sorry, that's all I had)
4 red potatoes, washed and chopped
4 celery heart stalks, chopped.
I simmered these vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes.
Then added:
I chopped one small zucchini into bite sized pieces (skin on),
Added the zucchini with the penne pasta (1/2 box)
and simmered according to pasta directions.
When there was about 3 minutes left on the pasta timer
I added 2 handfuls of spinach leaves.
When the timer went off, I shut the burner off.
Summer's Penne Stew complete!
Photobucket
This recipe is linked to:
Lady Behind the Curtain, Cast Party Wednesday
Foodie Friends Friday
The Better Baker~ Weekend Pot Luck
Fit and Fabulous Fridays~ Amee's Savory Dish
Share it Saturday~ Lemon Sugar

5 comments:

  1. now this is my kind of meal! Yum! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, this stew looks delicious. And FWIW, meatless diets are not for everyone. I was a vegetarian for 13 years but my body started to crave meat and when I started to eat it again, I actually felt healthier. I prefer chicken and fish mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful. I'm not a vegetarian but I really do like veggies a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We eat a lot of veggies too, but I know for a fact that I could never be a vegetarian! I do love a good vegetable soup every now and then though and this one look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursday-4.html
    Thanks,
    Nichi

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)