Thursday, June 14, 2012

Foodie Friend Friday: Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes


Before I introduce you to what I have been doing lately......Have you tried the new Kraft Fresh Take for meats?
This is the new and improved shake 'n' bake.


All you do is coat your meat pieces with the mixture provided and pop them in the oven. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.......
For a side dish with my pork chops I chose ricotta stuffed tomatoes.

Now onto the information of what I've been up to.

I was invited to join a foodie group called Foodie Friends Friday. This group was created to help build up and introduce new and old bloggers. If you are a food blogger and you are interested in joining, just click here.
Every Friday the members of the group are joined with another food blogger to represent their talent. And let me tell you, there is a lot of talent out there. Just take a look at Walking on Sunshine.....

Today I am representing the Walking on Sunshine Blog. As I spent some time with Lois at Walking on Sunshine I read her 'about me' tab. That is the best way to get to know a blogger.
Lois introduces herself as just a wife and mom. But if you scroll to the bottom you will find an awesome story about the inspiration on her blog title. Yup, she pulled me right in. She is so much more than a wife and mom. She also loves to cook, bake, and blog. From one blogger to another, her loves are very time consuming, right along with caring for a family.
After I got to know Lois, I headed to her recipe tab. I didn't have to search very far and I found the word ricotta. I don't know about you, but I love ricotta. So, I chose to make Lois's Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes.

One thing that I am faithful with, and I'm sure most of you appreciate it, I never post a recipe without trying it myself first.
These ricotta stuffed tomatoes are top notch in my book. They are so creamy and full of flavor. These will for sure be repeated in my house, and they make an awesome, out of the ordinary, non-traditional side dish.


All you have to do is cut your plum tomatoes in half and empty out the insides.
Turn them cut side down on paper towels and let them drain for a little while. While they are draining, throw together your ricotta mixture.


This is what they look like right out of the oven.
I kind of changed things up a little because I was out of red pepper flakes. This is what I did.....

Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes

6 plum tomatoes, cut in half long ways, and insides scooped out

To make the filling:
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1/3 c. grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
1 TBS parsley flakes
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
2 garlic cloves, grated

Mix all the filling ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.

1 sleeve Ritz Garden Vegetable crackers, crushed.

Place cracker crumbs in a separate bowl and set aside. The left-over cracker crumbs can be put in a zip-lock bag and used for casserole toppings, or in meat loaf.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Fill tomato halves with filling and dip into cracker crumbs. Place on a baking sheet. I placed mine close together because they wanted to tip over. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is an amazing review of my blog. Thank you. You are way too kind! I'm going to link this into my blog tomorrow as well! Glad you enjoyed an easy and delicious recipe! Your photos are so much better!!! Did I ask you what camera you use? I'm looking for a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaning toward getting a different camera, but I don't really want to spend the money right now. The camera I use is a Canon Power Shot SX20 IS. 12.1 Mega Pixels.

      Delete
    2. I love your blog Lois and what you are doing with it. Keep up the great work!

      Delete
  2. This recipe sounds wonderful Angie and Lois.... both of you have made it looks so delicious that I certainly will want to to try it... Pinning it so that I will have it...(my best cookbook of the cyberworld).

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)