Monday, May 7, 2012

Honest! It Was An Accident! Strawberry/Raspberry Tres Leches Cake


I have been racking my brain as to how I'm going to present a flop to the public. But this was a good flop.
I attempted to make a ganache for this cake, but I had no idea that a ganache consisted of heavy whipping cream and real chocolate.
I used coffee creamer and almond bark......HA!

I presented this cake on Facebook as a Strawberry/Raspberry Cake with (runny) White Chocolate Ganache. Then I kindly complained about how my ganache never thickens.....and asked for help from my Facebook fans.

One fan in particular (Mary Howard) studied my photo of the cake. Her comment was, "It looks like a Tres Leches Cake."

Oh my gosh Mary! You just solved my flop dilemma!

That is exactly what it is: Strawberry/Raspberry Tres Leches Cake

That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.....


This is what a blogger has to do to get photos of their created foods......Yup, right out of the middle.

And just a piece of advice about this cake. The tres leches sauce (that's what I'm calling it now) is best poured over the slightly warm cake in individual servings. Pour a little of the sauce over a plated piece of cake and let it sit for a few minutes. Don't pour it over the entire cake like I did.


This is how I made my (runny ganache) tres leches sauce (what I'm calling it now):
I am cracking myself up over this post......HA! It's amazing how an accident can turn into something wonderful.

But anyway, onto the sauce:

I used 1/3 c. creme brulee coffee creamer (heated it just before boiling)
Added 1/4 tsp. almond extract
And 1 block (shredded) almond bark
Remove the heated coffee creamer from the burner and dump in the shredded almond bark. Stir until melted and creamy.

There you have it....an accidental Tres Leches Cake.

Thank you so much Mary for saving me on this one......I owe you big time!! Love ya!!

And just a little note* to this cake.....The raspberry hater in the house loved this cake. So I would say A+ to this accidental great creation.... ENJOY!!


Strawberry/Raspberry Tres Leches Cake

1 c. sugar
3 TBS butter, room temp
1 c. milk
2 c. cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Frozen strawberries and raspberries to equal 2 c. (I used frozen whole strawberries, left them thaw a little and chopped them with my pastry blender. I left the frozen raspberries whole.)

Beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add vanilla.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Alternating, add milk and flour to sugar/butter mixture until combined. Stir in the berries.
Pour into a greased and floured square 8 or 9 inch pan. Bake in a 375 degrees F. oven for 30-40 minutes (I used a baking stone, so mine was closer to the 40).
Let the cake cool till it's just barely warm. Make the tres leches sauce and pour over individual servings.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Angie......Everyone, try this cake! I did and it is delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely giving this a try! xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)