Monday, April 9, 2012

After The Fact: Shrimp Deviled Eggs

Now that the holidays are over once again, it's time for the hustle and bustle of the work week to start back up again.
And yes, I am bringing you this recipe after Easter. Darn it!! Isn't that usually how things work. I prepare new things for my family Easter dinner, but I can't get it to you until after the holiday. But there may just be that small chance that some families haven't celebrated Easter yet.
For those of you that have, you will have to file this recipe away for next year. But I will make it easy to find: Under recipes - Holiday - Shrimp Deviled Eggs. See, easy!

I even took the time to color my egg whites this year. How cute is that?

All you have to do is mix food coloring, water, and vinegar. I left my egg whites sit in the color while I peeled an egg. Kind of got a rotation method going that way.

Coloring:
1 tsp. cider vinegar
3-6 drops of food coloring
1/2 c. water

Very pretty for Easter!
But man, those eggs look like they went through a meat grinder.....
Yes, I had a hard time peeling them, like you couldn't tell.

Do you save your saucy packs from fast food restaurants? I do....Taco Bell sauces, Arby's sauces, Wendy's, Burger King, KFC....yup, I save them all. But my weakness is Arby's. I love their roast beef sandwiches with horsey sauce. When I have a stressful day at school, you know, the days when I have to give speeches.....
My stress relief is Arby's. Kind of strange, huh? Any normal person would head to the bar and drink about 6 beers.....nope, I head to Arby's and eat a medium roast beef sandwich with horsey sauce.
But anyway, the horsey sauce went into my yolk mixture.

These shrimp deviled eggs were a huge hit at the one family Easter dinner I made it to. I will for sure be making these again and again. And my son, he inhaled the left-overs when I got home....Serious! INHALED!!

This recipe is linked to:

Mandy‘s Recipe Box


Shrimp Deviled Eggs

24 peeled, deveined medium or large shrimp
12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
1/2 c. mayonnaise
4 TBS sour cream
2 packets horsey sauce
1/2 TBS Accent
4 tsp. Dijon mustard
sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 TBS dried dill weed

Remove yolks from hard boiled egg halves and place in a mixing bowl. With pastry blender break up the yolks till they are fine. Mix in mayonnaise, sour cream, horsey sauce, accent, dijon mustard salt and pepper, and dried dill weed. Fill egg halves and garnish with 1 shrimp each. Paprika can also be sprinkled on top.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a great flavor combination, it looks divine! Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks real good, I'll definately be trying it out...

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)