Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sum-Sum-Summertime: Strawberry Milkshake

My Lisa friend (Sean's Aunt) brought me four quarts of fresh grown strawberries.....is there anything better?

Fresh grown strawberries are so juicy, full of flavor, and red. They aren't hallow in the middle and tasteless like store bought berries.

This recipe is linked to Jam Hands,

Jam Hands


My daughter and I decided to throw together a strawberry milk shake. I don't have to post a recipe, right?

Everyone knows how to make a milk shake, right?

I hope you are agreeing with me....

I lined the glass with chocolate syrup and left it sit until the milk shake was made. All you have to do is squirt chocolate syrup close to the top of the glass all the way around the inside. When it sits it will run down the inside of the glass.

Pretty cool, huh?

As we were making the shake, I told my daughter to make sure she measures everything that she puts in....did she do it? NO!!

But I can tell you that we used one cup of fresh berries and blended them first. I added about two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, approximately nine scoops of ice cream, and thinned it to desired consistency with 2% milk.

The whole time we are putting together this shake and I am taking pictures, my daughter is calling me a nerd. Does that mean that every person that operates a foodie blog is a nerd? If that's the case, I'm pretty proud to be a nerd. What about you?

Since she called me a nerd the whole time I'm taking pictures, I thought I would post all of the pictures just to torture her.....

How do you like me now Randi?

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult."
Proverbs 12:16

When someone annoys or insults you, it is natural to retaliate. But this solves nothing and only encourages trouble. Instead, answer slowly and quietly, "I enjoy being a nerd." Your positive response will achieve positive results.

4 comments:

  1. I would just like say that I'm glad I found your blog, nerd or no nerd. Now, if we could only figure out how to email milkshakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so yummy looking!! I actually made a strawberry smoothie this morning...kinda similar, but I used frozen berries and added some protein powder. You can be sure that the next time, I'm gonna have me some chocolate running down the sides of my glass too. =) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to figure out how to create a scratch-n-sniff for the computer screen....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful and delicious. Perfect for a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)