Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cupcakes Are Back: Zucchini Lasagna Cupcakes

Have you seen the lasagna cupcakes that are made with phyllo dough? They are just way too cute.

And I also heard that lasagna cupcakes are a hot, hot item for this year.

Well, I wanted to be in on the action, so this is what I did.....

I am stuck on zucchini. Ever since I found out that zucchini can be used in place of pasta, I have been going zucchini crazy.

I made zucchini lasagna cupcakes.

I have received positive feedback on this recipe (people that have made it). The positive comments were so wonderful, so I thought I would link-up this recipe. I have linked it to Ingredient Spotlight at Eat At Home Blog.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my "Feedback Fans" and I did.

I had some left-over spaghetti sauce so I put it to good use.

I sprayed my cupcake pan with cooking spray. Placed a dollop of sauce in the bottom of each cup. I laid in 2 - 2 1/2 pieces sliced zucchini in each cup. Placed more sauce on top of the zucchini, a dollop of ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, more zucchini slices (pressing down a little), sauce, and topped with mozzarella cheese.

Zucchini Lasagna Cupcakes ready for the oven. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees F. and baked my cupcakes for 25 minutes.

25 minutes is all it took. Now that is one quick dinner. Serve these with a salad, and you are good to go.

This is what they looked like after they were baked. PERFECT!!

I left them sit in the pan for about 10 minutes before scooping out with a spoon.

And since I will probably be the only one eating them, I decided to dig through my cupboard to find containers I can freeze them in. This will be great for a quick meal. Pop them in the microwave, and I will have a quick dinner.

Zucchini Lasagna Cupcakes

"At that time, bushes had not appeared on the earth. Plants had not come up in the fields. The Lord God had not sent rain on the earth. And there wasn't any man to work the ground."
Genesis 2:5

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing creation! I wouldn't have thought of this in a million years! WOW!!! Looks terrific - YUUUUUMMMM!! Zucchini is definitely a versatile veggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant's wait to try this dish!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum... what a great way to "sneak" in vegetables to picky eaters. Anything with melted cheese is great! Printing this for summer zucchini cooking time. ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I have to make these, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome idea! good thing my hubby will wash the muffin pan! this is the first visit to your blog, I like it! I have a new cooking blog also: daybydaysunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by Tammy. I love your blog! Nice to see another down-home cook like me....

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother used to make the full pan version of this using eggplant. Don't let zucchini be the only squash you try! I'm so hungry now looking at this, though. ::tummy rumble::

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)