Monday, March 7, 2011

What? What Are? What If: 'LIL Darlin's

After the hectic week I had, I still had to get through Sunday.

Sunday is my most favorite day of the week. A person is suppose to rest on Sunday. Re-energize for next week to come....

But my Sunday consisted of this:

Butter
Graham Crackers
Chopped Walnuts
Dark Chocolate Chips
Shredded Coconut
Sweetened Condensed Milk

How can those few ingredients create something delicious?

I look at this recipe as one of Jesus's Parables.

What is a Parable?

Butter and graham crackers (I imagine dry)

A Parable is a fictitious tale, although usually realistic.

A Parable was created to stimulate the mind.

Butter and graham crackers.
My mind stimulation: the crust of a cheesecake

Dark chocolate chips.

My mind stimulation: Bitter sweet

Flaked coconut.

My mind stimulation: Crispy and sweet

During church service on Sunday (I am the one with a notebook and pen taking notes), the Pastor was asking individuals if they knew all the Parables in the Bible.

The answer from everyone he asked was, "NO".

So I am jotting down in my little notebook, "What is a Parable?"

When I got home from church, where do you think I headed? Yup, right to the best resource book I own. My computer.

And I can see why everyone was answering "NO". There are tons of Parables in the Bible.

I have heard that when a person studies and reads they add wrinkles to their brain. The more wrinkles a person has, the smarter they are. I am adding wrinkles to my brain, but I must have started with zero, because I don't think I am any smarter yet.

But back to my 'Lil Darlin Parable....

These ingredients lead to a fictitious brain stimulator, because there is no way these few ingredients will create something tasty.

Believe me, the first bight you take will be a brain stimulator. And it is good to stimulate the brain. It is healthy, we need it, and we have to apply wrinkles to the brain.

'LiL Darlin's

1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
1 1/4 c. finely crushed graham crackers (about 7)
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. Special dark chocolate chips
1 c. shredded coconut
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the butter in an 8x8 square baking dish and set it in the oven to let butter melt (about 5 minutes)
Carefully take the hot dish out of the oven and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted butter. Then layer, in order, the nuts, choco chips, and coconut. Pour the milk slowly, and evenly over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes, cool, and then cut into bars.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

Example of a Parable: "Jesus told them still another story. "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast,", he said. "A woman mixed it into a large amount of flour. The yeast worked its way all through the dough." Matthew 13:33

4 comments:

  1. Oh Honey - I'll be thrilled to stimulate my brain anyday with these delicious 'lil darlin's!
    Oh my! Your pictures are beautiful - your thoughts as well. Simply put - I've learned that parables are an earthly story with a heavenly meaning. Anyway you look at it - they are GREAT! Thanks for sharing - hope you enjoy your spring break. LOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always used these ingredients to make a 9" X 13" panfull..I'm sure they would just be thinner, but the same awesome yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you on Sweets For a Saturday and wanted to say hello. I'm from Ohio too- Cleveland area! These look so yummy, I will have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are about three hours away from me. I live clear up in the Northwest corner of Ohio.
    Nice to meet you Amie.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)