Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Special Day: Lettuce Salad

Today is my BIRTHDAY!!


Isn't it amazing how friends and family KNOW the simple things? The little things that make you say OOOOO.....AHHHHH......WOWWWW....and I LOVE THAT!!

Today I would like to focus on the message I received from my precious daughter. That is Randi in the above picture. She is my youngest of three, my baby, my joy, my love, and the one I will have a hard time letting go of. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my children equal, but Randi has always been a lover, hugger, and a clinger.

I approached my Facebook this morning with caution (every person on the face of the earth knows how Facebook works) knowing that I would have tons of birthday wishes today.
But the one message that stood out above all the others was this:

Dear mommmy!
Happpy Birthdayy. And also you should know, that i appreciate everything you've ever done for me. And for always being there like a mom should. For never giving up on Cassie, Logan, and I and always pulling through the rough times. I can fully say that when i start a family i wanna be a mom just like you, cause you were a wonderful, caring, and loving motherr.
I love youuu! ♥


All the gifts from friends and family.

What do you think happened when I read that message? Yup, I cried.....but not tears of sadness, tears of joy. A feeling of success, fulfillment, and "I have created that girl" came over me.

Being the age I am....4_?.....I have decided that I really need to focus on what I'm putting in my body.

I remember in my 20's....eating a whole bucket of KFC was nothing. Just a drop in the bucket (literally). And I would not gain a pound. My metabolism was strong enough to fight off the calories.

Even in my 30's I could woof-down a whole large pizza and have no regrets.

But since I am getting older and my metabolism is slowing down, I am suppose to eat less, and the calories are now attacking me....I have to remain focused on my choice of foods. DARN IT!!

This is Artisan lettuce. Where can it be found? Aldies of course. When a person thinks of Aldies, they automatically think of cheap food, no taste, and no variety. Well folks, that assumption can be thrown right out the window, because this Artisan lettuce is the bomb. And it is only $1.99 per container.

There are two little heads of green leaf lettuce and two little heads of purple leaf lettuce. And it is crisp and full of flavor.

It has to be washed though before eating. I found sand in the bottom of the container when I pulled out the little heads.

This does not taste anything like the prepackaged lettuce (Dole). It doesn't have that funny preservative taste. You know what I mean?


Last night for dinner we had salads with sliced marinated chicken breast, onion, cheese, bacon, carrot slices, and croutons.

"Don't forget to welcome strangers. By doing that, some people have welcomed angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to get some of that lettuce! Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Sooo glad to know it was a memorable day for you - you deserve it! May God bless you in special ways in the year ahead. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a fabulous day! I just got an email saying that my comment didn't go through so I hope this one does! That salad looks AMAZING!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)