Monday, January 31, 2011

It Is Still January: Spicy Potato Soup

Today is the last day in January.

With January being soup month, I thought I would sneak in one more soup recipe.

A short post today, but a delicious one.

There are three ingredients that I absolutely love in soup: onion, celery, and potatoes.

And I also love a rich broth, which this soup provides.

Just the little bit of hot sauce added to this soup is amazing. I will definitely be making this again, and again, and again.

This soup will be marked as one of my favorites, for sure.

I made this soup in the morning, and by the time it was done I had to be at my grandson's awards ceremony, which meant meeting with my daughter. We went to the ceremony, and from there we had to do a little shopping, of course.

It was one of these:

Daughter: "Do you want to run to Wal Mart with me real quick?"

Me: "Sure." You did notice the "real quick", right?

The whole time I'm in Wal Mart I'm thinking about my soup. Everything I looked at reminded me of my soup, so I bought a box of Cheez-It/baby swiss to eat with my soup, if I ever make it home. An hour later we are heading back to my car, which I left parked at my daughter's job.

Daughter: "Have you ever been to the Red Rambler?"

Me: "Nope."

Daughter: "Do you want to stop in? I'll buy you a coffee."

Oh my goodness, another stop!! But can I ever turn down coffee?? Heavens no. And my daughter was treating MMMEEEE....

The coffee shop that my daughter took me too; let's just say they would sweep Starbucks under the rug. Excellent coffee!! And I will for sure go back.

Spicy Potato Soup

1 lb. ground chuck
4 c. peeled cubed potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
1 small onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce (I used 2 - 8 oz and 1 - 15 oz.)
4 cups beef broth (I used beef soup base, following directions for 4 c.)
crushed black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (I used Tabasco)

In a Dutch oven, brown ground chuck with celery and onion. Do not drain. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened slightly. Serves 6 - 8

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

"No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lamp stand, that those who come in may see the light." Luke 11:33

4 comments:

  1. This soup looks yummy! Simple too - aren't we something?...we both said the same thing in our posts today...about it being the last day of January and slipping one more soup recipe in. Too funny! Great minds think alike =D....stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that too. I couldn't help but giggle out loud. It is amazing how some things happen. There is no way we could have known what the other was going write. Way too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of spicy potato soup before! But it sounds so good. And I plan to post more soups in February - hope that's ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, it's still winter in February. The way I see it, if it's cold outside we need soup...

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)