Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sometimes Comfort-Foods Are A MUST

Every once in a while I crave a comfort food, or am forced in that direction.

Are you the same way?

My day yesterday started with a good plan (new recipe to try and phone calls to make), and I have no idea why I try and PLAN my days, nothing ever goes as planned.

The night before I had set out some frozen chili to thaw.

I had my eye set on a recipe that I have been wanting to try (to use up some (getting to the point of no return) apples).

As I was preparing this recipe I kept hearing shuffling leaves by the front door. One of those noises that you assume is weather related (wind), so I went about my business as usual.

As time passes the wind-blown-leaves noise continues.

I completed my recipe (spicy apple gingerbread), tried to make the necessary phone calls that I needed to make (with no luck, of course), and went to check on the noise I was hearing at the front door.

To my surprise (not really, because the neighbor's dogs are always a nuisance) the neighbor's dog was shredding my recycling contents.

SHREDDING: is the word for the day. The dog that was spending all that time (ignored noise) helping himself to the recycling, tore paper and plastic bags to shreds. He even had some hanging out of his mouth when I chased him off.

I am a neat freak when it comes to my recycling. I like it to be in garbage bags so it doesn't fly all over the place when the wind blows.

That DOG just destroyed my neatness and ruined my whole entire day. Now I have to look at my unorganized recycling container every time I leave the house. STUPID DOG!!

Do you know how much of a pain it is to clean up shredded paper and plastic?

I would have taken a picture of the damage, but my thoughts were not focused on the beauty of the outcome (darn).

As my chili was heating up on the stove, I was thinking, "I really need something more than just chili." I need more comfort than just soup in a bowl.

Yup, headed to the freezer for the frozen hot dogs, did an unthaw and prepared for the enjoyment of my comfort food.

Kind of funny, dog did damage - dog is going to comfort.

At least I was able to imagine biting the dogs head off....

COMFORT FOOD OF THE DAY: Chili Dog
Waiting to be created....
Loaded with chili....
Lots of cheese....
And the final comfort topping, mustard....

Try and Live Large~Love Much~Laugh Often without the peskiness of unattended neighbor's dogs....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)