Monday, November 8, 2010

Condiment War: Egg Salad

As I am getting more and more serious about my blogging, I have found that when I enter my kitchen I should have a notebook in hand. I don't always cook or bake with recipes, so what I create needs to be put on paper.

I now have a steno book that stays with me at all times when I am in the kitchen. I write everything down in quantity, weight, measurements, and can size.

Who knows? One of my recipes may become famous some day (I can only hope).

One of my favorite foods is egg salad.

Egg salad is so simple to make and is so versatile.

You will find out later what I mean.

I started my egg salad with 18 hard boiled eggs.

1 dozen just doesn't make enough (for me anyway).

This is where the versatile comes in....

Do you ever open your refrigerator and feel like you are being over-taken by condiments?

The condiments usually go in the door, so every time the door is opened the condiments are there to punch you in the face.

WELL NOT TODAY!!

I realize it is Monday, not Friday, but it's official, the condiment war begins today with a Smack-Down....
The condiments I will be facing are mustard, sour cream, thousand island dressing, Kraft mayonnaise with olive oil, and spicy brown mustard. Celery salt is on my side because he is considered a spice not a condiment.

So celery salt and I are ready to face our battle.

Have you ever seen an egg boil like this?

It looks the egg got scared and tried to run, only to be stopped by the boiling water.

I do not own an egg slicer (the convenience of placing an egg in a holder and dropping down the wire cutters), so I use a tomato knife.

Works just as well as a fancy-smancy egg slicer.....

I hold the egg in my hand like this.

And then use the tomato knife to cut it in slices, and then cubes. I can chop the cubes to the size I prefer.

Finished product: Egg Salad.

Did you happen to notice which condiments are left standing?

Yup, celery salt and I wiped out sour cream, thousand island dressing, and Kraft mayonnaise.

I look forward to seeing the remaining contestants (condiments) at the next Smack-Down....

3 out of 5 condiments eliminated!!

I had one lonely hot dog bun in the bread box, so I filled it full of egg salad.

YUMMMM-O!!

Egg Salad

18 hard boiled eggs
1/4 c. sour cream
1/2 c. thousand island dressing
2 TBS spicy brown mustard
2 TBS regular mustard
1/4 c. mayo with olive oil
1 tsp. celery salt
Crushed black pepper to taste

Chop boiled eggs. Dump in next seven ingredients and stir to mix.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY love egg salad too! The recipe in my cookbook uses cream cheese and keeps for several days - if it lasts that long! I use a pastry blender to chop mine too - just cut them in half first and chop away. Your blog and pictures are great. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Better Baker. I don't know your real name (yet). I went to visit your blog and I love it. The Brownie Crinkle Cookies look sinful, and I just may try them.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)