Monday, September 13, 2010

Cold Veggie Pizza



Pizza crust. Let me tell you a little about my pizza crusts for the cold veggie pizza. My daughter works for a frozen foods facility and her position is Lab Technician, Supervisor, Quality Control, and Secretary. Yup, all of those positions are applied to her job. UNBELIEVABLE!! But anyway, these little crusts came in as a sample product. Lots of them. With my daughter being a Lab Technician she is the one that was responsible to test them. The left overs were just going to be thrown away, so my daughter brought them to me. YIPPEE!! I get to find something to do with tons of mini pizza crusts....

These really came in handy for the cold veggie pizza that Sean requested. I browned them in a 400 degree F. oven for 10 minutes, and then I let them cool.


The Hormel real crumbled bacon and Sargento Bistro cheese are a couple items I added to step-up the recipe. While Sean and I were eating these delightful pizzas, he asked me, "How do you manage to go above and beyond to make things taste amazing?" He also said, "I've had veggie pizza before, but it has never tasted like this." I couldn't really give him an answer so I am going to answer it now. When I look at a recipe or get a food idea in my head, I turn into create mode. I just imagine what could make recipes or food taste better. What combinations go good together, or what can I create to make a new flavor. I have to say, these pizzas were amazing!!


The original recipe called for refrigerated crescent rolls for the crust. Crescent rolls??? Wouldn't crescent rolls get soggy, or be too soft to pick up and eat like a pizza? I think a pizza crust works perfect for this recipe.


Cold Veggie Pizza




Ingredients:



One baked pizza crust

1 - 8 oz package cream cheese, softened (room temp)

1 - 1 oz package Hidden Valley Ranch dry salad dressing mix (only use half of it)

A couple small shakes of cayenne pepper

2 carrots, finely chopped

1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped

1 c. fresh broccoli, finely chopped (I only used the floweret, not the stem)

4 green onions

Hormel real bacon (sprinkled to your liking)

Sargento Bistro shredded cheese (mozzarella/sun dried tomato & basil), (sprinkled to your liking)



Bake pizza crust until lightly browned. I baked my crusts at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Let pizza crust cool completely.



Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Mix cream cheese with 1/2 of the dry ranch mix, and cayenne pepper. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Arrange carrots, bell pepper, broccoli, green onions, bacon, and cheese on top. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Cut into bight sized squares to serve.



OK....why does this have to be an appetiser? I think this would make a perfectly good meal. I also think that this recipe could be used as a wrap. Instead of using pizza crust, place the ingredients on a flour tortilla and roll. Wallah!! Lunch!!



Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)