Saturday, July 17, 2010

Heavenly White Cake






One thing I have to say, I am definitely not a pastry chef. This is called Heavenly White Cake, and I would not change one thing about this recipe. It is perfect!! The cake smelled heavenly (maybe that's why it's called Heavenly White Cake?) as it was baking. My whole entire house smelled of white cake. The cake itself has a sponge texture and consistency of an angel food cake.
I have not had the opportunity of digging in yet. I am waiting on the Birthday Boy (Eddie). He says he has never had a home-made birthday cake. Well, he is getting one now.
As I was preparing the cake batter, a thought came to my mind. I do know now why chef coats are white. As I was alternating my dry ingredients with my wet, I had flour flying everywhere. My black Kitchen Aid turned white. I don't know if that was out of fear, or from the cake flour.
Oh no, the fear is the reason I was white. I did not want this cake to flop. I had one chance, and four hours to get this right.
Happy Birthday Eddie!!
Heavenly White Cake
2 3/4 c. sifted cake flour
4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
4 egg whites
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
Measure sifted flour, baking powder, and salt; sift together three times.
In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/2 c. sugar gradually, and continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
Cream butter. Gradually add remaining 1 c. sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Mix in flavorings. Add meringue, and beat thoroughly into batter. Spread batter in two 9 inch round cake pans lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes.
A piece of advice: When the recipe says to line pan with parchment paper, make sure you do it. I thought I could skip that step, and the cakes stuck to the bottom of my pans. You can tell by looking at my pictures.
Enjoy~Eat Happy~YUMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)